There are few ski vacation rentals in Colorado that can offer access to such a wide variety of activities to choose from any time of year. It is not uncommon for our guests to play at the Monarch Ski & Snowboard area in the morning, spend a little time on the Arkansas River fly fishing or play a round of golf in the afternoon, and steam away their cares in of the many nearby Colorado hot springs before calling it a day. Let us know how we can help plan your itinerary or suggest one of our many vacation packages ... leave the details to us!
Want to relax in beautiful Colorado?
Pamper yourself with a massage or a visit to the soothing waters of Salida, Joyful Journey, Mt. Princeton or Cottonwood Hot Springs- Take a trail ride or a wine tour of Mt Spirit Winery & Vino Salida or walk the historic districts and art galleries of Salida (named one of the 100 best small art towns in America) & Buena Vista - Enjoy free summer concerts and art shows - Grab your favorite book and relax in the serenity of the beautiful Rocky Mountains!
Want Colorado outdoor adventure?
For those who can't get enough of the outdoors, there's downhill skiing at Monarch Mountain ski resort, Nordic trails, snowshoeing, guided backcountry snowcat tours, Arkansas River rafting, kayaking, ATV tours, jeep rentals & tours, mountain biking, rock climbing, hunting, public and private fishing, and hiking galore - 15 fourteeners to choose from in the Sawatch Range and the Colorado Trail!
Want something for the whole Family? Colorado Family Vacation & Packages!
Take a kayaking lesson - Tour the ghost towns of St. Elmo, Vicksburg, Winfield and Turret - Splash in the natural hot springs of Salida and Mt. Princeton - Enjoy a jeep tour or a half-day trail ride - Ski and snowboard at Monarch Mountain Ski Resort- Explore hiking trails - Rockhounding & Prospecting Sites - Take the Monarch Crest Scenic Tramway to 12,000 feet for a spectacular panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains - Visit the unique shops of Salida and Buena Vista!
Natural Hot Springs in the area:
Hiking, Biking, & Rock Climbing Trails:
There are few activities in life as simple and rewarding as sumitting a mountain. Whether a leisurely hike, half-day trail run, or technical alpine climb, ultimately it's about getting to the top and taking in the view.
- Local Hiking Trails - Enjoy exploring the beautiful local hikes & fishing trails around Ski Town Condos.
- Colorado Trail - 500 miles long in the Rocky Mountains between Denver & Durango. It has been described as one of the best trails anywhere, one of the most scenic, and among the best maintained! The trail is a favorite of enthusiasts who hike, mountain bike and ride horseback. (2.5 miles from Ski Town Condos, segment 14 & 15)
- Continental Trail - 3100 miles long from Canada to Mexico. Described as "America’s 3,100-mile-long national park", also know as the "King of Trails." (Crosses Monarch Pass at Ski Town Condos)
- Monarch Crest Trail - rated the best in Chaffee County - Ride the Divide! (6miles to the trail head from Ski Town Condos)
- Salida Mountain Trails - gaining a reputation for being magical and lovely all year' round.
- Rocky Mountain Outdoor Center, RMOC, Rock Climbing - 18 miles, Salida, Offering guided rock climbing, beginner to expert climbs: Shelf Road, Falls Gulch, Seidel's Riverside Crag, Castle Rock Gulch, The Pumpstation
- Rock-N-Row Rock Climbing - 39.5 miles, Cotopaxi, offers an abundant variety of rock climbing opportunities: Falls Gulch near Coaldale, Granite Quarry/McCoy Gulch near Cotopxi, Shelf Road in Canyon City
- Salida Ranger District Forest Service Trails - Office hours 8am - 430pm. 719-539-3591. 325 W. Rainbow Blvd., Salida, CO
- The Sawatch Range 14ers - located in an area with an abundance of public lands - peaks topping 14, 000 feet in elevation. There are 15 total peaks located in the area of Leadville and Salida/Monarch. 14ers are held in high regard among the country's "peak baggers".
Mt. Elbert 14,433’
Mt. Massive 14,421’
Mt. Harvard 14,420’
La Plata Peak 14,336’
Mt. Antero 14,269’
Mt. Shavano 14,229’
Mt. Belford 14,197’
Mt. Princeton 14,197’
Mt. Yale 14,196’
Tabeguache Peak 14,155’
Mt. Oxford 14,153’
Mt. Columbia 14,073’
Missouri Mountain 14,067’
Mt. of the Holy Cross 14,005’
Huron Peak 14,003’
Tips for hiking: Read more on Mountaineering Safety
- Build up to it. Don't tackle your first 14er the first day; practice exercising and sleeping at altitude.
- Do your research. Know the route & keep an eye on the weather.
- Pack appropriately. Flash light, first aid kit, compass or GPS, good map, rain jacket, extra shirt/fleece/socks, more food & water than you think...
- Get an early start, and get below tree line by noon on the decent.
- Eat a solid breakfast & multiple mid-morning snacks: Fruit, cheese, energy bars are great when you feel fatigued.
Golf Courses in the Heart of the Rockies:
Area Tours and Rentals near Ski Town Condos:
- Mountain Spirit Winery - 7.1 miles, Mon-Sat 10am to 5pm Tour & Tasting Wins Gold for Angel Blush!
- Vino Salida Wine Cellars - 18 miles, Tour & Tasting Parlour open Tue-Sat 10am - 6pm
- Elevation Beer Co. - 12 miles, Elevate your perception of beer with an artisan microbrewery located in Poncha Springs. Tasting Room open Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri 3-8pm; Sat & Sun 12-8pm.
- Beeyond the hive - 18 miles, Tue-Sat 10am - 6pm. Enjoy free tastings and view the live honey bee observation.
- Jumpin' Good Goat Dairy Cheese - 38 miles, Cheese samples Mon-Sat 10am-430pm year round. June 1 - Oct 1 take the Farm tour Wed & Fri 11:30am & 4pm; Sat 4pm for $5!
- Anderson Motor Co. Jeep Rentals & Tours - 18 miles
- ATV Rentals and Tours All Season Adventures- 18 miles
- Absolute Bikes Rentals - 18 miles
- High Valley Bike Shuttle - Monarch Crest Bike Trail Information
- High Country Jeep Tours - Buena Vista
- Lost Canyon Zipline Tour - Salida, 18 miles
- Granite Mountain Outfitters - 719-530-0480, 20 miles, Poncha Springs
- Arkansas Valley Trail Rides - 719-395-3630, 30.5 miles, Nathrop OPEN YEAR ROUND!
Fishing & Rafting companies near Ski Town Condos:
Colorado's Arkansas River is one of the most popular whitewater rivers in the United States!
Ski Areas, Snowmobile Tours & Ski Shops near to Ski Town Condos:
Colorado Day Trips based from Ski Town Condos: